Ex-Pat Identification and Address Verification
Mandatory Identification -
Valid UK Passport
Legitimate work/residency visa or permit, showing they are able to live and work in the country.
Proof of residence, must show address (any two of the following):
- Valid National Identity card
- Valid photocard driving licence from the country of residence
- Bank statement (no older than 3 months)
- Utility bill - not including communication suppliers (no older than 3 months)
- Latest buy to let mortgage statement which details overseas address (remortgage only) - must be less than 12 months old
- Copy of the employment contract accompanied by employer's reference stating current residential address
UK Notice Address
A family members or solicitors UK address required for correspondence. Mortgage security address is not accepted as the notice address.
All mandatory identification and proof of residence needs to be certified. Evidence of identification must be certified as a true copy of the original and a true likeness of the applicants. The introducing intermediary can certify these documents if they have seen identification and client themselves. Or, if this is not possible, the documents can be certified by the applicant's overseas bankers or a solicitor/notary in their country of residence.
The certified documents must be written in English, and include the wording 'I certify this as a true copy of the original'. We also need the certified document to include the following:
- Date stamp;
- The person's name printed and signed;
- Job title (e.g. Personal Banker or Legal Advisor);
- Certification stamp.