The Society is committed to providing you with great customer service. However, there may be occasions when our service falls short of your expectations. We have outlined the process that takes place if this should happen.
How to make a complaint
You can make you complaint in a number of ways;
Write to us at -
Tipton and Coseley Building Society
70 Owen Street
- Call us on 0121 557 2551
- By email via our website – https://www.thetipton.co.uk/contact-us/
- In person by speaking to a member of staff at any of our branch offices or Head Office
What happens next
- Our aim is to resolve your complaint and ensure a fair outcome by the close of business on the third business day following the receipt of your complaint. If we are able to resolve your complaint to your satisfaction within three business days, we will send you a written summary of the resolution. This confirms that the complaint has been resolved and informs you of the right to take your complaint to the Financial Ombudsman Service should you subsequently feel dissatisfied with the outcome
- If we are unable to resolve your complaint within three working days, a written acknowledgement will be issued promptly and no later than five working days of receiving your complaint.
- Once the investigation has been completed and we are in a position to answer your complaint, we will contact you setting out our final response. This will be no more than eight weeks from the receipt of your initial complaint.
- In the unlikely event that we have been unable to provide you with a response within the eight week period you are entitled to refer your complaint to the Financial Ombudsman Service.
What if I am still not happy?
If you are not happy with the Society’s response, or eight weeks have passed since you made your first complaint, and you haven’t heard from us you can refer your complaint to the Financial Ombudsman Service. This is a free and independent service for resolving complaints or disputes but must be done within six months of the date of our response.
You can contact the Ombudsman at;